Tuesday, May 17, 2011

New Toy

So this is my latest toy.

I recently bought my wife an vintage bike (Bay Pointe 3-Speed) and didn't notice that the rear brake was jacked up so I took it in. As I'm waiting for the repair, I make the mistake of asking the dude if I could ride this bike... amazing. He mentioned that it was very responsive and I wasn't sure what he meant. There was no fucking with hand breaks, the 24 gears of my hybrid, it was extremely light weight, the gear made going up hills like nothing, and I had the feeling that there almost no loss of power between my legs and the wheels. I rode it back in and thought, "one day"
In talking to the guy (an old Chicano dude), he tells me that he's founded an organization of riders that represent children that have been the victims of sexual abuse. The man is extremely grounded as well. I let him know I was a photographer and was more than excited to shoot their next event to help out.

Bike fixed and Im telling him I'll hit him up one day for the road bike and he offers it to me at about 1/2 the price he had it listed... couldn't resist.

Japanese SR Semi-Pro Touring, Single-Speed Conversion, Coaster Brakes

iphone pic

1 comments:

Dotmo said...

It's good to hear (at this point and after test driving the 'new toy') that you're feeling this bike, are glad with the purchase, and coasting around with it. Eager to check it out and even more so to ride along - need to get my bike on as well, sheeit.

Post a Comment

Followers